Wednesday, December 23, 2009

JoshCast #17 - Merry Christmas From the Family

Normally, I don't do "Jingle Bells". Or "Silver Bells". Or any other kind of bells, really.

If you know me, though, you know I enjoy me some Robert Earl Keen. So if I must be bombarded by the usual Christmas music fare in malls and elevators and on 75% of the radio waves, I can compensate by occasionally hitting up REK's "Merry Christmas From the Family". Probably his #2 live favorite (behind "The Road Goes On Forever", no doubt), he'll only play it when the calendar calls for it. It's maintained its popularity for every bit of 15 years since it was released on Gringo Honeymoon in '94. Maybe one day you'll hear it back-to-back with Sinatra crooning about a White Christmas or something or other.

So "Hallelujah, everybody say cheese...":



The video: click here.

No comments: