Thursday, December 10, 2009

End of the Rope

You probably haven't noticed, something happened on Tuesday that made about 10% of my blog useless.

OK, so it already was useless...but now it's even MORE useless.

When I first started JoshCasts back last January, I expressed skepticism that imeem -- the vehicle that allowed me to embed music into my blog to grace your eardrums -- stayed within the legal boundaries by allowing free music anytime on demand. It took a bit, but it finally happened. According to this WIRED article, imeem just couldn't pay the licensing bills.

So I'm feverishly working to salvage what JoshCasts I can, seeking alternative sources from which to embed the music I so dearly love. We'll see.

ADDENDUM: Wow, that was relatively painless. Proud to report after less than 20 minutes of pointing, clicking, copying, and pasting, all but 2 of the tracks I've posted are back online. Cheers.

No comments: