Saturday, July 9, 2011

Chile Powder

Guess I've been paying less than adequate attention to world affairs of late. Two examples: while I was vaguely aware of Sudan's ongoing unrest over the last several years (decades?), I'm unfamiliar with most of the circumstances surrounding the formation of Earth's newest nation, South Sudan. Nevertheless, it seems like a joyful occasion that international observers are proud to witness, as peace appears to be dawning in one of the most troubled pockets of the world.

Second, I had no clue that a chain of volcanoes in Chile erupted last month. Thankfully, although the explosion has caused thousands to leave their homes, it sounds as if no one's been hurt, and it's yielded subject matter for some of the most incredible photography I've ever seen:




More: click here

No comments: