Saturday, December 13, 2008

I Can Do That But I Don't Wanna

For whatever reason, whatever part of my brain is responsible for having inspiration to write has been on the blink of late. Why? Who knows. But thanks to one fellow blogger in particular, I suddenly felt a rush of inspiration. Plus, sitting on my couch and moving only my fingers around the keyboard is all I have the energy to do after a night of lighting up the basketball courts. (Note: by lighting up, I mean playing like Philip Seymour Hoffman in Along Came Polly. I've had better nights.) Hence, I hereby declare my blogging sabbatical over.

Now then.

I've gotten to thinking lately: what can I do that's actually interesting to people? Sure, I do a few off-the-wall and exciting things at my job, including typing, parking in a garage, and (get this!) setting up conference calls. My head is filled with useless trivia, but that's not really something you do. If I had seven seconds to convince someone I was cool, what would I tell them? What can I do that nobody else can?

The list is endless. But unfortunately I don't own a video camera, so you'll have to take my word for it. Luckily, we have YouTube. So, now to debut a new, exclusive Josh In Real Life feature which I'll call "I Can Do That But I Don't Wanna."

But enough with the cheezy introductions. First, this guy:



How about the guitar stylings of Andy McKee:



Awesome...it looks so easy. I tried. It's not.

No comments: