Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Darned Kids With Your Music and Facebook-ing

Found this blog entry and thought it to be kinda funny, kinda true, and not as gloomy as the economy nor as annoying as politics: Top 10 Most Annoying People on Facebook. In particular, I enjoyed this pictoral commentary on Facebook:


Also, I think number two should also have been applied towards ACL this year. It felt a little odd standing next to three incredibly enthusiastic 13-year-olds on my right and a guy lighting a bong on my left at the Mars Volta show.

But hey, Facebook has supplied me with hours of mindless entertainment and communication with people I, in some cases, said three words to at good ol' LHS. The good outweighs the bad. And I just can't decide if I like the new version. Kinda hated it at first, but it's growing on me... I just don't like how you used-ta-could see everything about one person on one page (unless it had a zillion applications), and now you can't. Seems like a step backward, at least from a software developer's standpoint.

In any case, Mark Zuckerberg (Facebook's creator) will one day be one rich dude whenever he finally sells it.

2 comments:

bryan said...

Haha, that's pretty good. You saw Mars Volta? How was it?

Josh said...

Above-average. That guitarist was really crazy. I swear, the first song lasted about 30 minutes. My only beef was that it seemed to be just a bunch of loud noise and wasn't really that organized...but that's probably exactly how they intended it.