Sunday, September 14, 2008

A Brilliant* Idea

Say you're mailing a letter from Address A to Address B, and you realize you're out of stamps. And driving to the post office or Tom Thumb is an undesirable task at the moment. What's stopping you from just writing Address B as the return address and mailing it without a stamp? Wouldn't they just "return" it to your intended destination for insufficient postage?

Did I just single-handedly figure out how to beat the U.S. postal service? Am I a genius? Surely I'm missing something... Remember, this is from the same brain that once asked, with much gravity, "Why isn't there a place where you can rent books?"

5 comments:

Benzo said...

What an excellent way to tell people they're not worth 42 cents, by sending them a letter with "INSUFFICIENT POSTAGE" smeared all over it.

Might work for letters to grandma, but don't send out any resumes that way.

bryan said...

Nice! Let's try it.

Josh said...

But if you consider that, to go out and buy stamps costs about 30 cents of gas, plus the resulting wear-and-tear on my car... yeah, never mind, I'm a cheap bastard.

Benzo said...

Remind me to bill you for the wrapping paper and tape costs for every present I got you for the past five years.

Josh said...

So I get the bows and tags free? Sweet!

P.S. Road trip to Austin in LESS than 10 days. Booyah.