Sunday, April 25, 2010

Nikon D40 Training Camp

In preparation for my upcoming storm chasing adventure in -- count 'em -- 10 days, I figured it's probably about time I started learning how to use my recently acquired Nikon D40. And by "learn", I don't mean poring through instruction manuals. I mean taking it straight out of the bubble wrap, venturing to Turtle Creek in Dallas on a gorgeous Saturday, pushing all the buttons, spinning all the dials, and otherwise probably breaking this modern marvel of photographic technology...

Perhaps I embellish. I did have my amateur photographer buddy with me to make sure I didn't accidentally toss it into Turtle Creek.

I still have miles to go, but I at least learned how to use the camera in "Auto" mode. Baby steps. The top 4 results of Nikon D40 Training Camp:





Full album here.

3 comments:

bryan said...

Nice. The sky looks perfect in that first photo. I'm looking forward to seeing your storm chasing photos.

Josh said...

Thanks! I was really surprised, too. The colors seem to be so much more captivating with the Nikon...as opposed to my old Kodak Easy Shot or whatever.

Might be because it was such a nice day, too.

nRVaNa said...

best of luck on your adventure dirk. i'm pretty eager to see your pics as well.